CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 15, 2009

She's Here!!!!!!!!

It all started when my water broke Sunday afternoon, Mother's Day. I wasn't absolutely sure if this was for real so I didn't pay attention to the light contractions or leaking that followed. It wasn't until 10pm Sunday evening that things started to pick up and I knew that she was ready to make her entrance. It was a long sleepless night for both of us that ended with me saying it was time to go around 5 am. Of course we did exactly what my doctor said not to and went to the infamous (meaning more than famous) Waffle House for a light snack. We crossed the road and checked into the hospital at 7 am. Ten hours later we had a beautiful baby girl weighing 7 pounds, measuring 20 inches long, and looking like the alien heads from the last Indiana Jones movie. (She's looking more human now.) She has grey blue eyes and light brown hair. She has my little ears and big hands and Troy's button nose. Her name is Makena Wikle. Makena means "abundance" in Hawaiian and "The happy one" in Kenyan.


Hope you enjoy the pics!





















We sure love her and are grateful that the Lord has blessed us with such a beautiful baby girl. She already has Troy wrapped around her fingers. When we left the hospital he said, "I get to hold her first when we get home." Awwh! I must say that Troy was wonderful throughout the whole experience and I couldn't have done it without him. He's an excellent father and husband.

28 comments:

Benjamin and Jennie said...

YAY!!!!! We are so glad your little babe made her way into this world!!:) She's beautiful congratulations!!!

The Phipps said...

she is beautiful!!!! if you need anything let me know!! enjoy her:)

Angie said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! Woo, hoo! I am so stoked for you. What a fantastic Mother's Day present (although that DID mean you were uncomfortable all day long!). I absolutely adore her in that final picture. And I am calling you right now to find out how labor went. I must know it all! So stoked for you guys!

Kim said...

Oh she is just beautiful, Rebekah! Congratulations to all three of you!! I am so happy for you to be a mom.

Joce said...

She is beautiful! I love the last picture of her curled up on Troy, with her tiny legs tucked up and that cute peaceful face. I love her name and it's meanings. Rebekah, you are such a trooper with such a long labor, and we are so happy that everything went well! Congratulations!

Eldredge Fam. said...

That was a total 180 from the names that you were throwing around at first. Good one though.

She's VERY cute.

At least Troy can have his love sac back. :) Congrats again!

Strong Family said...

What a doll! Congratulations.

Army Family said...

She is so cute, congrats!!! I wish we could be there to see her. I always forget how little they are when they first come!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! She's so sweet! Can't wait to meet her. I love the name!

usmcsedrick said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy she's here! So glad everything went well. Wish I could be there in person to see and hold her.

Wishing you all to be happy and healthy!

Carissa said...

Wow, I wasn't expecting to see this when I clicked on your blog! (I guess it was getting to be about that time) She is SO SO CUTE!! I love her name too. How are you feeling? Are you getting any sleep?

Mindy said...

She is adorable! Congratualations. I wish so bad we could meet her in person. Glad you are all doing good!

~The Dippold's said...

She is so cute. It was so good seeing you both at church today. You both look so good!! I really enjoyed our talk too. It meant so much to me. Thanks!! :)

Jones Family said...

Darling girl! Babies are the best- start enjoying every minute!

Derek & Penny said...

Congrats! She is adorable and I look forward to meeting her. I hope you both are continuing to feel well.

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

Bekah! Ahhhh! I am so excited for you! I just got your message and seeing that is too late to call, I went straight to your blog to at least see pictures of her. She is so beautiful! I am so happy for you. I want to hear all about it so I will call you tomorrow! Love your guts and am proud of you cute new mommy! Congratulations!

Cherice said...

Cute pictures!!! She's adorable! Good work Momma and pappa... you have a baby of your very own! Yeah! Congratulations!

Cherice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan and Kyle said...

Congrats!!! Hope everything went well!! Take care!

Les and Rebecca Wikle said...

Congrats! Thanks for sharing the pictures. We're excited that we'll get to meet her this summer. Seeing Troy's hand on her really shows how tiny she is. She's darling. Enjoy!!!
LOL

Amber said...

I haven't blogged for a very long time! I'm glad to see that she's here and Mom and baby are happy and healthy. Rebekah, you look so good!! Makena is a darling!
Congratulations!!

Clan Andreasen said...

How precious! Congratulations!

We'll see what happens... said...

She's beautiful! I sent a package you should get anytime. Love you keep us posted when you'll be in town. Gary and I live in Price and Grandpas is just a short willing drive away!

Richardson Family said...

Hey! She's beautiful and I am so excited for ya'll! Life will never be the same and will be more meaningful than ever before! You'll be great parents! Can't wait for the summer, and I can hold her! Keep in touch!

Emy W. said...

Hey, I heard you had some problems with your stitches... I hope everything gets better soon! Email me some time and tell me what your thoughts on being a new mom are... you've got a head start on me!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!! She is sooooo cute Bekah! I just love how attached Troy is! :)

Nicole said...

She is SO cute!!! I can't wait to see her....

thejencooper said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! She is beautiful. I think she looks just like her mama :) I hope you guys are doing well!