CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Coming Home!!!!

Some bittersweet news! We are coming (or going) home to Utah in a month. I tried to take 18 days of leave that I have saved up but the cadre said no, so we are finishing flight school June 25th. I have one last 3 week class and then we are out of here. We expect to arrive around the 28th but don't have a job, residence or any prospects of either. We should be home in time to visit my bro coming up from Texas so that will be nice. We also get to spend some time at Rebekah's parents in LaVerkin. That means I get to learn how to milk goats and do some other random chores. I'm disappointed that I don't get to take a little time to visit Reb's family up in DC so we'll just hope another chance presents itself later. We're sad to be leaving all of the wonderful people that we've met here. There are so many great people in Alabama that have touched our lives, we'll always be grateful to everyone. GREAT PEOPLE! Rebekah likes the green South and the fact that she's been able to visit so many romanticized places while here. As for me I need mountains, dry air, places to go hiking/biking/climbing/rappelling and clean looking water. I have missed the snow these last two years as well. But most of all, we're just glad to be able to see family again. It's been an adventure here. I hope we've grown for the better while being down here but it always takes me time to see. Maybe in a few years I'll be able to recognize how far we've come. If anything, WE NOW HAVE MAKENA. That's been the best adventure. What a sweet little child we've been given. We're excited to share her life with everyone back home. We wanted to say thanks to the wonderful people in our lives that have done so much for us, those we left in Utah and those we've met and are leaving here in Alabama and elswhere. Thank you so much for all the kindness, patience and service you've shown to us. Hope we've been a blessing to you as you have to us! To those of you we've met at flight school, thanks and hope we see you again. To those in Utah thanks for always being there for us and we're excited to see you again.

15 comments:

Angie said...

Aaw, that's real sweet. I'm so glad we met you guys in 'Bama.

And I'm STOKED that you'll be in Utah so soon!!! Can't wait for Hazel and Makena to meet each other.

Strong Family said...

Are you looking for work in aviation? And what about housing? Let me know and I can keep my eyes and ears open for you. Glad to have you coming back!

Richardson Family said...

We are so excited to see you guys again!!! Let us know when we can get together and hang out like we did in Bama! I can't wait to hold Makena!

We'll see what happens... said...

Yea! Your coming home to us! The boy's are excited for some climbing and rappelling, and you know me I just can't wait to see you and meet your bebe girl, my "GREAT" niece!
Talk to you soon.

Carissa said...

Wow, that is soon! Tyler should get there just a few days before you leave to hopefully he can come say hi- maybe help you pack ;) Good luck getting settled back into regular life!

Eldredge Fam. said...

Hey hey, we'll be heading our way soon too. Not too soon though. We'll be in the same predicament, no job, no house...BTW What a great post Troy.

you better let me know if there is anything you need me to help out with. Be sure to ask Rebekah ;)

Brenna said...

You guys will be missed. I think this might be the hardest part about living here.... everyone that you meet leaves. :(

Take care and God bless!

Les and Rebecca Wikle said...

Yeah!! We're happy that you guys have had the experiences you've had there, but are really excited to get you back here!
We're anxious to meet Makena and spend time with you.
Congratulations on all your learning and growing.
Love you

Joce said...

Wow, you guys have been through a crucible with getting through the all the stress of flight school. What a huge accomplishment! Good luck finishing up the homestretch. We are looking forward to seeing you guys and meeting Makena.

thejencooper said...

That is so exciting to be going home! Good luck in the job and house hunt. That must be stressful. Hey, we will be in Utah in a couple weeks, maybe we can swing by wherever y'all are and see that little girl of yours!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys are coming back. We're so thrilled for you and this new chapter of your lives. If you want info about the townhomes we live in just let me know! They are a great situation. Hopefully we'll be able to get together soon.
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Okay... so I read this one... and I hate it... I hate it! You aren't supposed to ever move! but, I guess there is always time to come visit huuh?! Love you guys!

Derek & Penny said...

I am sad that you guys will be leaving and we have yet to even do much. I want to come visit some time next week and meet you darling little girl. I hope all is well.

Unknown said...

You guys will be soooooo missed. Rebekah, we'll miss you in choir. Our little Branch has its first practice the 24th of June. Troy, it's been a pleasure getting to know you and Rebekah both. The Aycock's are better people because you guys are part of our lives.

~The Dippold's said...

We miss you!! How is Utah going?? How is beautiful Makena doing?? Hope all is well. :)